Vets Can’t Figure Out What’s Wrong With Peanut – Neighborhood Kids Confess A Terrible Sin

Dogs, like all animals, deserve to be treated with kindness and respect.

And while kids can be cruel, nobody thought they’d be THIS cruel to a dog.
When Peanut was first found, she was lying unresponsive on a sidewalk. The animal control officer who found her quickly rushed to get help, and it’s a good thing he did.

Doctors were later able to get Peanut breathing again, but they couldn’t quite figure out why the poor pup had collapsed.

Though Peanut was very weak and maybe a little malnourished, there was no visible reason why she should’ve stopped breathing…

What was going on?
Well, they needed to get some neighborhood kids to fess up to an absolutely horrendous act:

They’d actually injected the poor dog with cocaine!
The drug immediately caused her heart to race and left her teetering on the brink of death. If it weren’t for the talented vets at the Faithful Friends Animal Society, Peanut would be gone.

And all because of a vicious prank.

Though Peanut was breathing again, she definitely wasn’t out of the woods. The doctors needed to flush her system, to get rid of the dangerous drug.

It was a deadly dose, too, and vets later learned that the pup had also been injected with THC. What a horrible cocktail!

Peanut was just one year old, so it’d be tragic if she died due to such nightmarish jokes … the Society’s Marketing Manager, Kevin Rentz, remembered when Peanut was first brought in:

“When she first arrived, she was unable to walk, stand, eat, or drink.

Our vets had never seen mistreatment dealing with narcotics like this. It was heartbreaking.”

Thankfully, however, the staff did a tremendous job and Peanut recovered!

And boy, did she endear herself to everyone:

“She stole the hearts of all the vets and techs here,” said Rentz.

“Once the drugs had started leaving her system, you could see her personality pick up.”

The last step in Peanut’s amazing turnaround? To land a loving home.

And that’s exactly what she got; she was soon adopted by a fantastic family in Delaware and these days, the once-drugged pooch is living a happy, healthy life.

An incredible situation and an amazing story … with a happy ending. 😀